PRESS RELEASE DETAIL


Jan 25, 2017

Be a CoStar Hero!

CoStar Group Partners With the There Goes My Hero Foundation to Increase Registered Bone Marrow Donors

Lutherville Timonium, MD - The Atlanta offices of commercial real estate data and analytics firm, CoStar Group (NASDAQ: CSGP), are partnering with the There Goes My Hero Foundation (TGMH)  in an effort to increase the amount of people registered to potentially become life saving bone marrow donors.

In the U.S., every three minutes a person is diagnosed with blood cancer, and only 30 percent of those patients are able to find a bone marrow match within their family. For the other 70 percent, The National Marrow Donor Program provides the opportunity for all patients to receive a bone marrow transplant when in need with the help of registered donors across the nation.

CoStar Group is lending a helping hand in expanding and diversifying the registry during their CoStar Builds’ 12 Months of Giving Campaign ; in an effort to spread awareness and help the thousands of patients who are still looking for a match. 

In support of this endeavor, CoStar Group will be hosting a bone marrow registration drive for its’ employees on Friday, January 20, 2017 from 2:00pm-5:00pm at both their Phipps Tower and Terminus 200 office locations in Atlanta, GA.

CoStar Group and There Goes My Hero have a special connection, as Rasha Travis of TGMH, was a match in a clinical trial haploid transplant for her sister Jonell Finley of CoStar Group.

For more information on CoStar Group visit: http://www.costar.com/

For more information on There Goes My Hero visit: https://theregoesmyhero.org

'