The CRE Leader
CoStar Group, Inc. (NASDAQ:CSGP) is the leading provider of commercial real estate (CRE) information, analytics, and online marketplaces. Founded in 1987, CoStar currently operates in 368 markets, 2,500 submarkets and over 20,000 neighborhoods across the country, investing $1 billion in the industry’s largest research operation to produce and maintain the most comprehensive database of CRE information.
In essence, conducting commercial real estate business without CoStar is nearly impossible.
CoStar is to the CRE industry what Google is to Search – and as nearly 83% of all CRE activity occurs on a CoStar Network, the $17 trillion industry is largely dependent on CoStar’s continued research, growth and innovation.
CoStar Group Brands
CoStar Group brands and marketplaces include: CoStar, LoopNet, Apartments.com, BizBuySell, Lands of America and more -- collectively attracting more than 24 million monthly unique visitors.
Employees + Locations
Headquartered in Washington, D.C., the company employs a workforce of approximately 2,800 people and maintains offices across the U.S., Europe, and Canada. In October 2016, CoStar Group announced Richmond, Virginia as its new research operations headquarters – creating 730 immediate, high-paying jobs for the region.
CoStar Group is not only committed to having the most up-to-date data and technology in the industry, but is also dedicated to fostering environmentally responsible business practices. Most recently, CoStar has led an official partnership with the U.S. Department of Energy (DOE) to advance and promote commercial and industrial building energy usage information, contributing long-term advancements in energy efficiency across the nation. In addition to the partnership with DOE, CoStar is leading the way by identifying, highlighting and promoting the benefits of more than 15,000 ENERGY STAR-labeled and LEED-certified properties.
Our Focus: A Deeper Look
Learn more about how our innovation, insights and people improve the commercial real estate landscape every day.
With a total market capitalization of more than $6 billion, CoStar Group makes a positive economic impact on the tech innovation sectors every day. Among our recent achievements:
- Awarded seven U.S. patents related to digital real estate, processing and searching.
- Debuted in the 30th edition of Fortune Magazine's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list (CoStar Group was the only commercial real estate technology company to receive the prestigious placement).
- Recently recognized by Forbes magazine among the Most Innovative Growth Companies in the world, placing it in the top 10 companies within the Software & Services category in its latest annual list three years running.
- Ranked among the 50 fastest growing Maryland technology companies by Deloitte & Touche for 10 consecutive years, and selected by Business 2.0 magazine as one of the 100 fastest-growing public technology companies.
- Toronto is the fasting growing market in CoStar history.
Clients trust our data and use it to make the most insightful and profitable decisions. We offer:
- The #1 CRE Site for unique visitors, traffic, time on site (LoopNet, Compete, Alexa, ComScore).
- Access to the largest collection of researched commercial for-sale listings across all U.S. markets.
- The most heavily trafficked online commercial real estate marketplace with more than 9 million registered members.
- Combined 5.5 million searches made daily across the CoStar Network
- Over 1.1 million searches made on CoStar daily
- 1.4 million daily updates made to our database
- 22 million monthly visits made to CoStar Group
- 83 percent of CRE search activity happens on the CoStar Network (Compete.com)
A quick look at what we do:
- 5 million properties tracked
- Multifamily 540,000 properties
- Office 765,000 properties
- Retail 1.8 million properties
- Industrial 900,000 properties
- Land 693,000 properties
- 3 million image library
- 22 million multifamily units
- 35 million monthly rent observation
- 75,000 daily property updates
- 20,000 neighborhoods, 386 markets, 2,500 submarkets
We maintain the industry's first and largest independent research organization, including:
- 1,600 researchers
- 200 secret shoppers
- 12 million calls
- 2.5 million verified availabilities
- 2 million miles driven
- 75 markets canvassed by research plane
- Nearly 30 years' experience researching multifamily
- Over 130 research photographers capturing high-resolution photographs and video across the country
- Tracking over 4.5 million properties and 95 billion square feet of commercial real estate
- Six markets currently covered in Canada, tracking 143,000 properties across the country and 82,000 in Toronto alone
To read more about our leadership team, Download our PDF